Augmented reality games are one of the most anticipating games right now. The ever growing era of games brings us thrills and new exciting things. Since the number, if genres of games are so much more than we think, it is better to cover up one genre which is AR (Augmented reality) games.
If you are unaware of augmented reality games, then let me break it down for you. Augmented reality uses your geolocation to locate your surroundings and creates the map according to it. Note that your device GPS should be enabled to get the full experience of AR. So as you move your device by walking or running, the augmented world will act accordingly to it.
Augmented reality games are different from other genres. You don’t sit on the couch and play the game; you need to be dedicated and explore the outside to achieve the game requirements.
So today I will list top 5 augmented reality games which you need to try
Top 5 AR games of 2017
- Pokemon Go–Pokemon Go is probably the biggest augmented reality games of 2016 which is still a great game in 2017. This game took the world by a storm. Niantic did a mind blowing job by bringing AR to Pokemon Go since it perfectly fits the needs of the game. In this game, you have to explore your surroundings and catch as much Pokemon as you can. There are other things which you can also achieve by exploring. So try this game if you haven’t already.
- Ingress–Although this game was released back in 2012, it is still a great AR Game in 2017. You would be wrong if you think that Pokemon Go is the first AR game by Niantic because Ingress is also developed by Niantic. This game is about the quest where the humanity is in danger. The dark energy discovered by the scientist can change the way we think, so it is up to you to protect the humanity.
- Parallel Mafia–I never personally thought that this type of game could be implemented in augmented reality. Well, the game is quite interesting, more interesting who likes to play Mafia games and rule over the city. Become the boss of your Mafia clan by earning reputation and building your business. The game offers you the criminal world with AR technology to do some crimes without getting arrested in real life.
- Temple Treasure Hunt –This game is for the mystery and myth lovers. You have to search for the treasure with the help of the trails. This game also uses your geolocation for the map where the treasure is hidden.
- Geo AR Games–Geo AR Games provides the mere example of what augmented reality is. In this game, you can make your surroundings filled with augmented Animals and beautiful landscape. Creating your fantasy world is the purpose of this game. That’s it for this game.
The Xbox One was released in the year 2013, and it is still widely popular among many even today. There are plethoras of excellent games that are available on Xbox One from series of genres, be it an adventure, driving, shooting, war or anything. With a library that consists of all these games here is a list of some of the best video games that are available on Xbox One:
- Grand Theft Auto 5 – The GTA 5 is a beautifully created game that is refined, improved and expanded and does not get old. The new GTA does not feel like it is a rerun of its previous games as it comes with some enhancements such as the introduction of the First person which improved the experience the exploration of the City Santos and the addition of the online heists made it even more appealing to the players. The game made a big difference with the graphical improvement making it stunning and detailed.
- Overwatch – This game can be described in a lot of terms, and it is one of the best multiplayer FPS because of its competitiveness that conducts pitted competition and zealous team effort it takes its players into a competitive world but does not fail to ensure that all of its players are having a good time. The game is perfect for those who are competitive and are looking for a first person shooter game. The game is filled with the various casting of colorful heroes, all with a set of its skill and characteristics.
- The rise of the Tomb Rider – The game is packed with a blazing adventure which is a result of the combination of a good mixture of puzzle solving, exploration, sneaking, fighting and everything that the Tomb Rider does best. The rise of the Tomb Rider also comes with downloadable add-ons that let Lara combat with zombies or the witches of the swamp. All this makes the gaming experience even more interesting.
- Dark Souls 3 – Dark Souls 3 is back and packed with adventure that is even more terrifying in a thrilling way. The world of Dark Souls consists of cities, tombs, dungeons, towers, and unraveling secret passage ways. It is a challenging game, but as the game progress, it allows you to gain more power which you have earned. Once you play the game, it will not make you forget the boldness of the game which is filled with terrible experiences.
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition – This game is probably of the best 2D game of all time when it comes to the way it was portrayed. The game’s story line follows a young orphan who is destined for great things. Ori and the Blind Forest come with an excellent mechanics that is beautifully linked with the narrative sequences of the game. The game allows the player to explore the vast world that is filled with a stunning maze, caverns, glades and unlocking abilities as you explore the world and unravel the mystery.
PS4 is enjoyed greatly by many, and it is doubtlessly the highest selling console at the moment. What makes PS4 popular is because of the hardware as well as the number of games that are available in its library. As the years go by more and more games are being developed from all genres, bringing in a new and an exciting gaming experience. There are numerous excellent games so here is a list of the some of the best PS4 games-
- Horizon Zero Dawn – This is one of the finest game available on PS4. Horizon Zero Dawn is an open world action RPG that revolves in a vast world which is being overrun by some huge mechanical beasts that are similar in resemblance to the animals. The game top in all of its features with an incredible world to explore. It enables the players to engage in combat which is exciting and thrilling and accomplish the side quests, meeting new factions and unravel the mystery.
- Nier: Automata – The game is set in the future where there is a war between machines that were created by aliens and the remaining of humanity. Humans in this game have left Earth and retreated to the moon while they send droids to earth to fight the machines and explore the big post-apocalyptic world. The story in itself is intriguing, and the battle experience is intense which makes it an interesting and entertaining game
- The Witcher 3 – This game is one of the best RPGs with one of the largest and superb open worlds that are available on PS4. Here players take on the role of Geralt of Rivia and wages war against the army of Wild Hunt in the Northern Kingdoms. The Witcher 3 comes with a set of new mechanics for combat and customization which has made the game play more in-depth and excellent. The combat in this game is also as enjoyable as exploring the world.
- Injustice 2 – This game delivers one of the finest fighting games with excellent mechanics, and it does not fail to satisfy its players whether they are a rookie or a professional. Injustice 2 consists of numerous casts of both the heroes and the villains with a huge number of customizations available. The game has a well-written storyline and what makes it even better are the stunning graphics and the character animations. The great customization system also adds to the awesome game play.
- Grand Theft Auto 5 – Another one of the best games in PS4 is the GTA 5 which comes with an engaging story line. The game has appeared in PS4 with its hardware based on the current-gen with improved texture, enhanced visuals, and excellent cars. It does not fail to appeal to the previous GTA players as well, the game still has the similar story line but does not feel like it is the rerun as it is packed new features like the first person mode, title standing out from the crowd and expanded heists.
Gaming has been popular for over a decade now or even longer than a decade. If compared to how gaming was done years back, the gaming now is so much more advanced. There has been a development in the way that the games are played regarding speed, visuals, choices and so on. Popular companies like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft have been heard by many because many have played their games and they are the leading companies now. Some devices have been developed to enhance the gaming experience, and as time goes, the gaming consoles are getting better and better, so counting for the development and creation in the year 2017, here is a list of the best gaming consoles so far:
- Nintendo Switch – The Nintendo Switch comes with a multipurpose aspect as it can be used as a device for mobile gaming and the changeover to a gaming console for the home simply by hooking it up into the station. This gaming console comes with a great selection of games and accessories. What makes this gaming console is that players can play Mario titles and also the latest Zelda or other games and take it wherever they want to go.
- Sony Xbox One S – This model by Microsoft is much slimmer and better in appearance as compared to the former model. The Sony Xbox One S has upgraded in its hardware with an inbuilt power unit. This model grants access to streaming around 4k videos from popular services, and also, the display comes with Ultra-HD Bluray player. The launch edition has the storage capacity of 2TB, and another bonus addition is that some complimentary games also come along with this console.
- Sony Play Station Slim – This model of Sony Play Station is sleeker and more polished in its display as the name of the model mentions. This gaming console is tightly packed as compared to the former PS4 Model. The bonus of this console is the display; its features include an abundant availability of exclusive titles and an incredible capability of the home entertainment centre. Besides being an excellent gaming platform, it also has the features of streaming various contents from Netflix, HBO, Amazon, YouTube and so on.
- Sony Play Station 4 Pro – This gaming console bears over 4k gaming that does not require a pricey desktop or the PC. The Sony Play Station 4 Pro is adaptable to all of the PS4 games and is compatible with the Sony VR head gear. Also, this gaming console also can stream not only 4k contents from Netflix but also HDR videos which are all thanks to the upgraded GPU.
- Nintendo 3DS XL – For better in-game control, the Nintendo 3DS XL comes with a C stick, Amiibo support and NFC connectivity. In addition to it, there is a rich library that consists of the 3DS titles that include games like Super Mario, Donkey Kong and even Legend of Zelda.